What type of donation should I give?
When you make an online contribution, you will be able to specify the type of donation including the following:
- Tithes – Offerings: Those who call New Life their “home” church regularly give a tithe to the Lord. The word “tithe” means “tenth” and it is a way of honoring God with the first 10% of our income. Tithing is one of the Lord’s tools for ushering us into a Christ-like lifestyle of generosity. We also give Offerings in addition to the tithe. General offerings are directed to the place of greatest impact in specific projects and ongoing ministry at New Life. You may also make a Benevolence Offering which is directed toward families with critical financial needs that could use a helping hand.
- Missions: Missions giving may be connected to a missions “Faith Promise” (made during our annual Mission’s Week) or simply a missions offering that the Lord puts on your heart. All missions giving goes to support missionaries and missions projects around the world, and the international missions efforts based out of New Life.
- Building: If you specify “Building” your contribution goes toward mortgage elimination and special building upgrades and projects. We currently owe just under $1.8 million on our property, and we are working to be free of this debt that we might direct funds into other Kingdom efforts.
Will I still receive a contribution statement?
- If you are giving with Breeze for the first time, a New Life Church Breeze account will be created for you. You will be sent an invitation to create your username and password, giving you secure access to your giving records online at any time. If you would prefer to continue to receive a paper statement at the end of the year, or at any time by request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Church office at 415-892-0714 and let us know.
Is Online Giving secure?
- Yes, we use a safe and secure giving portal where your information is secured by SSL encryption. SSL is an acronym for “Secure Socket Layer,” the industry standard security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet. It is the same technology used by banks and e-commerce companies such as Amazon.com to keep your information safe and secure during transactions.
Will my information be kept private?
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will not sell or otherwise make your personal information available to any third party.
What payment method options can I choose from?
- We currently accept contributions via Personal Check (e-check), and Bank Cards (VISA, MasterCard, and Discover). Other forms for electronic payment will be possible in the near future.
Why should I give online?
- It’s a personal preference, but here are a couple of the “pros”:
- It helps simplify life.
- It allows you to give consistently…even when you’re not at church.
Are my contributions refundable?
- Donations are non-refundable.
- We do not ship any merchandise since our online transactions are for donations.